Monday, January 26, 2009

The Plans I have For You

Once again God has brought me to this place. It's a quiet place filled with peace and contentment. I normally just plow through life like everbody else in the world, doing my best to be a good person, a Godly person. I get a little carried away with life. I usually have a great time no matter what I am doing having had enough turmoil and ugliness in reall life to realize that when things are good, we need to relish the moments.

Things have been good for awhile now but, God has still put me in this place. I call it the place of preperation. Without notice or reason known to me the Holy spirit begins to call up scripture that I have "hid deep in my heart", I start to view situations and the people around me differently, I start to hear suttel little one line commands from the Holy Spirit. ( I know it's the Holy Spirit because the Bible says in the Book of Hebrews that " only the Spirit knows the mind of God").

With years of trying to know and follow God I have come to recognize His workings in my life. I've learned to say..."ok, what are we going to do next", "what are you getting me preped for now". Interestingly, when the plan starts to unfold I am not surprised. I hate surprises and I love that God knows this about me and allows me "prep" time. He never just makes huge change in my life without gearing me up, without increasing my Faith, without reassuring me that no matter the plan, He's here and He's in charge, I love that about God!!!

God knows me. I am a procrastinator by nature, I can spend a whole day knowing what I need to do but, pissing around at what I want to do. I have moments where I actually believe that I am in charge of my own life ( this about me must be very frustrating to God, we could get so much more done if I weren't at times, so full of myself). I often find myself in situations that only God can get me out of because, I really believed that I was doing the right thing! Imagine that!

About 2 and a half years ago, my father, my mother, my husband, my favorite aunt, and my 2 year old nephew all died over a periodof about 7-8 months. They had long chronic illness and life was to say the very least, crazy at the time. God gave me perfect peace and yes, even joy during that time and, He and I were never closer. I learned to recognize the Triad at work, each having their own purpose in each and every moment. Each time there was to be a major life change God, by His great and glorious Spirit took me to the "prep" place and basically told me how things were going to go down. We were a team.

So here I am again, in the place of preperation. I feel it, I recognize it, and I'm just a little excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment